Construction Site Safety/Quality Assurance Officer, Amarillo, TX, US ID#16626
Company: Cherokee Nation Businesses
Posted on: January 12, 2020
Site Safety/Quality Assurance Officer, Amarillo, TX, US
Cherokee Nation Environmental Solutions (CNES) is a construction,
environmental, and professional services company that provides
clients with custom tailored services that fit their specific
needs. Federal government customers benefit from the personal
approach that gives them the attention they deserve and the quality
they expect. With decades of experience in the service industry,
CNES extends its services to all facilities seeking reliable,
quality services from a single source provider. CNES is part of the
Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
At least 10 years of experience in construction, including
experience in a leadership role as a Safety Officer, Quality
Manager, Foreman, Assistant Superintendent/Assistant Construction
The Site Safety/Quality Assurance Officer will be responsible for
site safety, project quality and assist the Site Superintendent /
Construction Manager with managing multiple trades on construction
* Provide services and responsibilities at the direction of the
* Serve as project Site Safety/Quality Assurance Officer.
* Interpret the contract documents to ensure complete conformance
with plans and specifications.
* Ability to confer with and direct subcontractors engaged in
planning and executing work procedures, interpreting
specifications, and coordinating various phases of
* Ability to confer with subcontractors to resolve complaints and
grievances within work force.
* Ability to confer with superintendent, subcontractors and
suppliers to resolve construction problems and improve construction
* Monitors assigned project utilizing quality control management
* In conjunction with Superintendent, inspects the jobsite for
safety violations and documents said violations.
* Conducts or participates in weekly safety meetings and safety
inspections as outlined in the safety manual.
* Reviews Activity Hazard Analysis (AHA) and conducts routine
safety meetings and inspections.
* Abides by safety rules and regulations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
* 10 years of experience in the construction industry and/or an
associate's or bachelor's degree in Construction Management or a
related field of study. 5 Years of experience in construction
safety and Quality Assurance.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret contract documents,
blueprints, specifications, engineering reports, safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to speak effectively before groups of clients,
subcontractors, or employees of organization.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
* Possess knowledge of all facets of ground up building
* Computer skills are required. Must be proficient in Microsoft
Windows applications including Microsoft Word 2007 and Excel 2007.
Experience with Microsoft Project 2007, and/or USACE QCS is
* Must be able to proficiently read, write and speak the English
* Must possess a valid driver's license.
* Must be able to pass a background investigation.
* Must have construction safety experience. Completion of an OSHA
Construction 30-hour course is mandatory. Must be familiar with 29
* Frequent walking
* Lifting up to 50lbs.
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security
investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual
orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights
as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to
the following two sites: EEO Statement - EEO Poster
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable
accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or
are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online
application process and need an alternative method for applying,
you may email "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" for assistance. This
email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used
to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and
paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of
proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified
protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request,
we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan
accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request
with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative
Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at
"CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" This email box is not for resumes or
follow up on job applications.
Keywords: Cherokee Nation Businesses, Amarillo , Construction Site Safety/Quality Assurance Officer, Amarillo, TX, US ID#16626, Professions , Amarillo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!