Registered Seed Technician
Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Kelly Services is actively recruiting for a Direct Hire
opportunity for a Registered Seed Technologist (RST).----This is a
great opportunity to work at a growing company in Texas.----Must be
able to travel 10%, mainly to local plant/field, etc.----Typical
work schedule is M-F, 8a-5p; may need to work outside of this
schedule at times.Responsibilities of the Registered Seed
- Direct and manage all lab operations with overall
responsibility for seed analysis purity and germination
- Assisting with receipt and login of samples, initiating tests
by preparing planting media, imbibing or planting seeds, or
otherwise working with seeds
- Writing and establishing specifications, assisting in the
validation of QC tests, and writing of Standard Operating
- Perform advanced tests for purity and germination potential on
prepared seed samples to determine seed viability.
- Determine seed sample purity based on pure seed, other crop,
inert matter, weed seed, noxious weed seed and prohibited weed seed
- Determine--seed sample germination potential through the use of
proper substrate, temperature, moisture and the subsequent
evaluation of seedlings.
- Supervise and train quality personnel in proper procedures and
techniques for preparing and testing seed samples.
- Issue--official certification statement attesting the sample
matches the claims stated on the product label; notifies management
of those samples which fail analysis.
- Manage and maintain seed sample retention.
- Responsible for maintaining quality standards in the
department. Interpret and document test results.
- Oversee--entry of test data results.
- Operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment. Adhere to
all safety rules and programs.Requirements of the Registered Seed
- Registered Seed Technologist (current) required.
- Sorghum or corn experience is preferred.----
- Advanced degree in Agriculture preferred, BA/BS degree minimum
- Analytical Skills,--Teamwork, Strong computer (Excel) skills,
strong writing and presentation skills, attention to detail,
problem solving aptitude----If interested and qualified, please
submit your resume for immediate consideration.-- Any questions,
please contact via email recruiter at
email@example.com--#TJP2021_SPECWhy Kelly--?Kelly Science &
Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical
companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day,
we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their
skills and interests-it's the way we think job searching should be.
Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional
background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about
the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly--At
Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job
seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In
fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional
workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and
tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work
and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we
do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of
workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world. Kelly is
an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse
workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females,
individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual
orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The
Keywords: Kelly Services, Amarillo , Registered Seed Technician, Professions , Amarillo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!