General Maintenance Worker
Company: Altus Technology Solutions LLC
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Job DescriptionGeneral Maintenance WorkerLocation: Melrose,
NMAltus Technology Solutions is seeking a full-time General
Maintenance Worker to support our government customer.General
Purpose of Job:The General Maintenance Worker (GMW) performs
general maintenance and repair of equipment and buildings requiring
practical skill and knowledge in various trades such as grounds
work, painting, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, HVAC and electrical
work. Work involves a variety of the following duties: replacing
filters, working on signage, cyclic maintenance, replacing
electrical receptacles, wires, switches, fixtures, and motors,
using plaster or compound to patch minor holes and cracks in walls
and ceilings, repairing or replacing sinks, water coolers, and
toilets. Painting structures and equipment; repairing or replacing
concrete floors, steps, and sidewalks, replacing damaged paneling
and floor tiles, hanging doors and installing door locks, and
replacing broken window panes. This list is not all inclusive and
the GMW's primary responsibilities overall include performing
general maintenance, preventative maintenance, and repairs on
buildings, equipment and machinery in various trades. Knowledge of
heavy equipment and heavy duty farm tractors and associated
attachments is required. Primary duties include mowing grass at the
main and remote sites to include spraying and maintaining grounds
and fences.Essential Functions:
- Inspect, operate, or test machinery or equipment to diagnose
- Record type and cost of maintenance or repair work.
- Clean or lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, or other parts of
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts, using hand tools
and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines
continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, or
the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace
filters, or perform other maintenance actions, following
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as
hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring
instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Assemble, install, or repair wiring, electrical or electronic
components, pipe systems, plumbing, machinery, or equipment.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them,
checking blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs, as
- Dismantle devices to access and remove defective parts, using
hoists, cranes, hand tools, and power tools.
- Plan and lay out repair work, using diagrams, drawings,
blueprints, maintenance manuals, or schematic diagrams.
- Order parts, supplies, and equipment from catalogs and
suppliers, or obtain them from storerooms.
- Adjust functional parts of devices or control instruments,
using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, or straightedges.
- Paint or repair roofs, windows, doors, floors, woodwork,
plaster, drywall, or other parts of building structures.
- Align and balance new equipment after installation.
- Maintain inventory on tools and equipment.
- Practice workplace safety.
- Perform other duties, within or outside the assigned area,
appropriate for the skills of the employee and the efficient and
effective operation of EMI Services.Education/Experience
Required:High School diploma or GED.2-4 years related experience
and/or formal vocational/technical training in a variety of
building and/or utility trades.Certificates, Licenses,
Registrations:Valid Driver's License. Ability to get Commercial
Driver's License. The General Maintenance Worker will also be
required to obtain a herbicide/pesticide license to meet the
requirements of the contract.Miscellaneous:All applicants must pass
a background check.EEO:We are an Equal Employment Opportunity
Employer. Selection will be based on qualifications without regard
to race, sex, age, color, religion, or national origin. It is our
policy to employ and advance in employment individuals with
disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified
individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical
or mental disability or veteran status.Any applicant meeting the
minimum requirements for this position is invited to apply for
Keywords: Altus Technology Solutions LLC, Amarillo , General Maintenance Worker, Professions , Clovis, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!