Veterans Preferred - Plant Manager
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. -If you're looking for
dry ice, you'll find it with Airgas. As the largest supplier of dry
ice, Airgas has established a series of production plants across
the nation to develop a secure source supply. Distribution Branches
are located in strategic locations throughout the country to
provide service to key industries including universities and labs.
Quality, reliability, and service are the key drivers that enable
Airgas to grow with organizations who depend on dry ice and cold
JOB PURPOSE: The Plant Manager will be responsible for all
manufacturing, safety, training, personnel, maintenance and other
activities as required to ensure high quality of product and
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Managing all plant operations to insure budgetary goals are met
- Ensure our products meet or exceed our QC standards, using
specified SOP testing methods.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and clean working
environment; and, comply with Federal, State and Corporate safety
and environmental regulations.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the facility to include the
understanding of and ability to explain basic mechanical theory to
direct reports, coordinating vendors, projecting and establishing
preventative maintenance programs and schedules, while directing
the maintenance staff to ensure that all equipment is properly
maintained and operational.
- Responsible for implementing new and best processes of
- Responsible for process improvement and problem solving to
lower cost and improve quality.
- Manage any special projects / improvements as directed.
- Work with other Plant and Branch Managers to insure accurate
and timely delivery of production requirements. Interface with
regional sales, management, and customers to insure high customer
satisfaction. Recruit, hire, train, and discipline employees
according to corporate guidelines and policies.
- Insure timely and accurate data entry related to product sales,
purchasing, and receiving raw materials and supplies.
- Fulfill all record keeping requirements related to the
day-to-day operations in a timely manner to include: shift
scheduling, performance evaluations, safety training documentation,
disciplinary actions, associate development, and specific job
- Perform other duties as assigned by upper management.
- 80% of the time in an office setting (i.e. desk/computer
- 20% of the time within an unconditioned work space (i.e. warm
in summer, cool in winter). Hazards require the use of personal
protective equipment (i.e. hard hat, safety glasses, hearing
protection, and safety shoes). Dry ice is extremely cold, and
therefore requires that gloves be worn when directly handling dry
- On-call required.
- Five (5) years experience in a significant leadership role of
more than 10 production personnel in an industrial, manufacturing
- Ability and desire to provide top notch leadership
- Understanding of financial reports, budgetary methods and
- Some travel required
- Flexibility to maintain a Facility operating on a 24/7
- High potential Operations or Production Managers ready for the
next level are encouraged to apply.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience, to
include military experience. (Associates degree or High School
diploma with formal technical training considered in conjunction
with extensive, relevant experience).
- Additional formal training in one or more of the following is
desired: Hydraulics, Industrial Refrigeration, Reciprocating and
Screw type Compressors, Manufacturing processes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Self starter with strong leadership and team building
- Decision making to execute company policies and implement plant
- Organizational skills to maintain safety, quality, and
equipment system files.
- Authoritative presence to discipline associates in a fair and
professional manner.Stron written and verbal skills and the ability
to complete detailed reports and make presentations.
- Understanding of financial reports.
- High level math skills to create formulas and spreadsheets for
budgets, cost control, and inventory.
- Proficient with computer systems and software packages such as
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and e-mail.
Effectively manage two separate operations (i.e. ice and liquid
plants) in a changing, fast-paced environment with a work force
ranging in skill level from temporary workers to highly skilled
Looking for a great company to work for? You'll Find It With Us!
Airgas LLC offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits
package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug,
Life & Disability Insurance, 401(k, Tuition Reimbursement and
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status,
Keywords: Airgas, Amarillo , Veterans Preferred - Plant Manager, Professions , Amistad, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!