Assistant Electrical Engineer - Aviation & Federal (Amarillo)
Company: Burns & McDonnell
Posted on: September 20, 2022
DescriptionOur Assistant Electrical Engineers are responsible
for performing tasks requiring the application of standard
electrical engineering techniques and procedures. This includes
standard design of electrical systems, assisting lead engineers
with various project duties, and other duties as assigned.Project
types include airports, and aircraft maintenance hangars, to
enormous central utility plants; from state-of-the-art information
technology facilities to aircraft manufacturing plants, and robotic
paint facilities. Design work includes power distribution systems,
voice/data networks, fiber optics, security systems, and fire alarm
- Assist with tasks that may include filing, scanning, data
entry, documentation, PowerPoint presentation.
- Assist with responses to general questions.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts by collecting and
- Present solutions to concerns.
- Research solutions to project concerns; analyze and recommend
solutions to problems.
- Assist with ad hoc projects as assigned by managers.
- All other duties as assigned.Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or related degree
from an ABET accredited program.
- Or Bachelor of Science in Electrical or related Engineering
Technology from an ABET accredited program and successful
completion of Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
- Master of Science degree in Engineering may be substituted for
one year of experience.
- Successful completion of Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) or
Engineer-in-Training (EIT) strongly preferred.
- Previous internship and/or related experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge in standard engineering techniques and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work methodically and analytically in a quantitative
problem-solving environment and demonstrated critical thinking
- Proficient computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite).
- Basic computer skills include AutoCAD, MicroStation, 2D and 3D
rendering programs and other analysis programs.
- Strong attention to detail, facilitation, team building,
collaboration, organization and problem-solving skills.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United
States on a full-time basis without requiring future sponsorship
for employment visa
EngineeringPrimary Location US-TX-AmarilloSchedule:
Full-timeTravel: Yes, 10 % of the TimeReq ID: 223779#LI-LS
Keywords: Burns & McDonnell, Amarillo , Assistant Electrical Engineer - Aviation & Federal (Amarillo), Professions , Amarillo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!