Production Operator - Hereford
Company: PHM Brands
Posted on: September 24, 2022
SUMMARY: The Production Operators are responsible for the packaging
of finished product in bags (5, 10, 25 and 50 pounds). They report
directly to the Production Manager. Date Posted: 09/08/2022
Salary: $17.50 / hour
Production Operator Responsibilities:
- Set up and monitor finished package weights to ensure that bags
conform to specifications.
- Set up the packer scale weights prior to a run.
- Check the precision of the check scale prior to the start of
- Continually check the finished package weights throughout the
- Ensure that finished product is bagged, sealed, and palletized
in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion on structurally sound
- Pull samples of product, both prior to packaging, and
throughout the run, and transporting the samples to the Mini- Lab
- Pull samples prior to the run (or at the startup of packaging)
to help ensure conformity to specifications.
- Sampling during a run will normally be one sample per grade,
once conformity is verified.
- For government contracts, one sample will be taken per pallet,
for weight and lab testing.
- Keep bags available and ready to be used, including bags
labeled for special customers.
- Attach labels to bags as necessary.
- Clean and sanitize all packing and loading areas (including
packing auger areas above Bemis).
- Assist in the training of new and existing personnel in any
Production Operator Qualifications:
- Forklift operating skills.
- On the job training is provided.
- Safety training is required and provided by Panhandle Milling
in group settings, as well as individual computer-based
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills, multitask, and able to
read and write in English.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Available to work flexible hours, evenings, weekends, and shift
work may be required.
- This position requires physical efforts such as straining,
pulling, lifting, working, and standing and walking on concrete
- Exposure to elements such as noise, minable dust, cold and hot
- Extreme climate or climate variation.
- Heat up to 100 degrees and lows of 40 degrees.
- Changes of > 30 degrees within a shift.
- Exposure to manufacturing equipment hazards, especially
- Climbing of ladders.
- Medical Insurance (first day of the month after start
- Health Savings, and or Flexible Spending Account
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and AD&D, Employer Paid
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Accident Insurance, Optional
- Critical Illness Insurance, Optional
- 401K, Employer Match
- PTO & Vacation Pay
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Company Product Discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement, up to $5,000.00 per calendar year
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption Leave
- Company Incentive Plan
- Bereavement Pay
- Relocation Available PHM Brands is an equal opportunity
employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without
regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age,
pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic
information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by
national, federal, state, or local law. pm21
Keywords: PHM Brands, Amarillo , Production Operator - Hereford, Professions , Hereford, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!