Production Lead - Night Shift - APC
Company: Lauridsen Group Inc.
Posted on: January 18, 2023
- Base wages from $19.50 per hour
- Plus $2 per hour night shift differential
- $1,000 sign-on bonus
- 120 hours of PTO your first year (prorated based on hire
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision eligibility first of the month
- 401(k) with employer matchThis position will coordinate
production team members and their work activities, ensuring the
safe production of a quality product processed in accordance with
mandated and established company procedures.JOB
QUALIFICATIONS:Education: High School diploma or G.E.D.
required.Experience: Experience in a food processing or non-edible
food processing environment required.JOB DUTIES:Production Process:
- Analyze, forecast and plan production objectives.
- If required by site, schedule production operators and assign
maintenance work orders as needed.
- Coordinate production area workflow including:
- The unloading and blending of raw products.
- Packaging the raw product.
- Maximizing production efficiencies and machine
- Troubleshoot the production process including:
- Assist maintenance/utility person with repairs on
equipment/machinery breakdowns or notify appropriate personnel to
coordinate outside repair services.
- Ensure the flow of production, redirecting production employees
to areas of the process needing immediate attention.
- Document and understand required data to control production
- Assist in the development and updating of standard operating
- Complies with and follows company food safety and quality
- Monitor the production processes, anticipate production
concerns and make effective decisions while striving for continuity
of the production process.
- Demonstrate proficiency using each piece of equipment on the
floor.JOB DUTIES (cont.):
- Complete daily reports in absence of production
- May create bills of lading and pick pallets for outbound
- Ability to work outside the regular shift hours to assist as
needed.Training & Development:
- Provide safety training, including all mandated sanitary
policies and regulations, according to established procedures.
- Conducts and provides quality and production training for
- Coach team members in support of Production Supervisor or
- Maintain a clean production area for safe working
- Assigns work, ensures employees have what they need to get the
- Keeps watch over product being made, which may frequently
include running machine(s).
- This role does not typically have administrative management
duties. This role provides recommendations for employment actions
including performance evaluations, but does not personally carry
out hiring, terminations, or discipline.
- Attend all Supervisory and Safety meetings at the designated
- Comply with and aid Supervisor/Superintendent in ensuring team
member compliance with companys Code of Conduct and Respectful
- The Production Lead will cover work direction activities in the
absence of the Production Supervisor.
- Environment policies as well as all other company policies.JOB
- Ability to troubleshoot malfunctions in equipment/machinery and
- Specific knowledge of industrial production processes in an
edible or non-edible food processing plant.
- Ability to operate and train personnel on equipment and
machinery used in the processing of product.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality related to
all duties and responsibilities
- Ability to monitor the production processes, anticipate
production concerns and make effective decisions while striving for
continuity of the production process.
- Ability to work in a team environment and implement continuous
- Ability to maintain steady and quality work output from the
team and foster positive attitudes among employees.
- Ability to perform basic and complex mathematical
- Ability to work daily and overtime as necessary.
- Ability to remain calm and professional during peak
- General knowledge of OSHA standards and safe work
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing
with company personnel, contractors, vendors, suppliers, and other
business related contacts.
- Ability to adhere to USDA, OSHA, and other regulatory and
compliance recordkeeping requirements.
- Knowledge of dryer operation and membrane filtration
- Knowledge of industrial production processes in an edible or
non-edible food processing plant.
- Ability to operate forklifts and non-motorized pallet jacks as
- Ability to operate company vehicles as required.
- If qualified, trained and required by site: ability to change
bags in the bag house.
- Ability to assist in other work related areas as
requested.BASIC PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:Approximate: 12-Hour Day (may
be longer during peak season)Key: Occasional = 0% - 33%Frequent =
34% - 66%Continuous = 67% - 100%N/A = Not ApplicableStanding
FrequentSitting OccasionalWalking Continuous
Bending/Kneeling/Crouching/Stooping OccasionalReaching Above
Shoulder FrequentClimbing (stairs, ladders, etc.) OccasionalWorking
on Heights:Unprotected Heights OccasionalProtected Heights
FrequentLifting Weights from 0 to 55 Pounds
OccasionalWeighing from 0 to 500 PoundsBeing Around and/or
Operating Moving Machinery/EquipmentFrequentOperating a Vehicle (as
a part of your job) OccasionalRead/Monitor Gauges on Various
Equipment/MachineryFrequentHand Movements:Recording Data
OccasionalOperating Office Equipment OccasionalOperating Computer
OccasionalSimple Grasping (right and left) FrequentFirm Grasping
(right and left) FrequentFine Manipulating (right and left)
FrequentFoot Movements to Operate Foot Controls OccasionalVision:
Good Vision, Corrected to Normal; or Ability to YESAccess Required
Information and to Perform Job DutiesColor Definition Required:
NoHearing: Good Hearing, Corrected to Normal; or Ability
toCommunicate/Understand Required Information and to Perform Job
Duties YESMobility: Ability to be mobile throughout required work
areas.Office OccasionalMultiple Locations N/APlant
ContinuousEquipment/Maintenance or Repair Area ContinuousRough
Terrain OccasionalOther N/ABASIC MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:This job
requires the mental capabilities to analyze the production
processes to develop manufacturing techniques/procedures to attain
a quality finished product produced in a timely and efficient
manner. Furthermore, the incumbent for this position must have the
abilities to solve problems as they arise, strives to improve upon
current processes, and excellent communication skills in conveying
the production process to plant personnel.WORKING CONDITIONS AND
EXPOSURES:General manufacturing working conditions exist. Exposures
include, but are not limited to chemicals, caustics, temperatures
ranging from freezing to extreme heat, noise, dust, and moving
equipment and machinery. Additionally, the incumbent for this
position may be required to stand for an extended period of time on
slippery tile and/or concrete floors.Note: This is not necessarily
an exhaustive list of the job duties and requirements associated
with this job, but is intended to represent an accurate reflection
of the current job.LGIs foundation began in 1916 as the Lauridsen
Creamery, selling butter, eggs and poultry to the local community.
Although our headquarters in Ankeny, Iowa, is not far from the old
creamery in Dedham, Iowa, the company is now worldwide with more
than fifty manufacturing and sales locations in twenty countries
and sales in more than sixty countries.Each company under the LGI
umbrella is truly independent. They have the ability and the charge
to be entrepreneurial, to seek out new markets, to develop new
products and applications, and above all - to discover new ways to
add value through fractionation and novel application.Whats more,
because some LGI companies have offices and presence around the
world, all LGI companies benefit from their exposure to new
markets, new products, new applications and new thinking.
Keywords: Lauridsen Group Inc., Amarillo , Production Lead - Night Shift - APC, Professions , Sublette, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!