Diesel Mechanic - Amarillo, TX
Company: Bruckner Truck
Posted on: November 29, 2018
mechanic service trucks commercial truck
Bruckner Truck Sales
Initial Date: 10/1/11 POSITION: Service Tech
Revision Date: Location: All
Written By: Chip McCampbell Reports To: Service Manager
Approved By: Keith Martin
I. JOB SUMMARY
Service Techs must be able to complete diagnosis of any mechanical, electrical, or other
various failures/breakdowns of a truck or its related equipment. This position will also
perform disassembly, repair, and reassembly of truck engines, transmissions, carrier
assemblies, clutches, brakes, electrical systems, and any other truck or related equipment
II. ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS AND PRINCIPAL
1. Uses all tools of trade, including precision instruments, shop machines.
2. Able to read and understand technical publications, including service manuals and service
bulletins and is able to use information contained in them to do their own work and to
assist others concerning the content.
3. Must be able to determine usability of all component parts and must be able to list and
order all needed parts using the dealer management system.
4. Must be able to complete work accurately and timely as outlined in published time
5. Must be able to write a good description of all work performed on each individual repair
using the dealer management system.
6. Ability to perform all aspects of the job safely and in accordance with OSHA and
Bruckner's rules and regulations expressed and implied.
7. Understands the importance of attendance and punctuality and how they affect customer
8. Is a good steward of company tools and resources.III. POSITION REQUIREMENTS
Education & Experience:
1. High School Diploma desired.
2. Minimum 2 years as a mechanic.
3. Must possess and use good interpersonal skills and have the ability to interact well with
customers, vendors, and co-workers in a positive and constructive manner.
4. Must be able to read and write in English and understand computer generated reports,
office reports, invoices, etc.
5. Must be able to operate various computer diagnostic devices, PC's and laptops.
1. Involves essential ability to maneuver around, in, on and under trucks in order to
properly inspect and diagnose all types of problems and repairs.
2. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
3. Must be able to lift 50 pounds to the waist and 25 pounds to the shoulder.
9. Achieves and maintains certifications as required by the company, the OEM's or by
The working environment characteristics described here are representative of those
an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Due to
the urgency of some repairs, this position contains some level of stress and requires
the ability to handle multiple tasks smoothly. Requires regular and predictable
IV. CORE VALUES:
· We act with honesty and integrity
· We value our people and communities
· We are customer focused
· We do what it takes
This is not necessarily and exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements,
efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an
accurate reflection of the current job, the dealership reserves the right to revise the
functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed
when circumstances change (IE: emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush
jobs, or technological developments.)
_____________________________ ________________________________ _____________
EMPLOYEE'S PRINTED NAME EMPLOYEE'S SIGNATURE DATE
______________________________ ________________________________ ______________
SUPERVISOR'S PRINTED NAME SUPERVISOR'S SIGNATURE DATE
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Keywords: Bruckner Truck, Amarillo , Diesel Mechanic - Amarillo, TX, Professions , Amarillo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!