Commercial Truck Driving Classes
Company: AMARILLO COLLEGE TRUCK DRIVING
Posted on: November 29, 2018
Get Your Commercial Driver License!
The Transportation Industry is growing and there is a high demand for well-trained drivers.
Amarillo College offers a Six-Week course utilizing state-of-the-art simulator training, classroom instruction, range and road driving, and practical application of skills used in the operation of tractor/trailer.
We have upcoming classes at all of our campuses in Amarillo, Dumas and Hereford Classes:
Amarillo Classes - January 14 & March 18
Amarillo Night Classes - January 14
Dumas Classes - January 14 & March 18
Hereford Classes - January 14 & March 18
We offer Forklift Certification classes 6:00-10:00 pm for 3 nights (12 hours total)
12/4-12/6, 1/15-1/17, 2/12-2/14 & 3/19-3/21
Prerequisites for classes:
- Student must be 18 years of age at the commencement of the course
- Student must have a current Texas Driver License. Prospective student can check their license eligibility at the following link: https://www.texas.gov/licenseeligibility
- Student will be required to take a DOT physical and drug screen on the first day of class. Cost of the physical and drug screen in included in the cost of the course. The following link explains the physical qualifications for a Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) driver: https://www.ecfr.gov/cgibin/retrieveECFR?gp=1&ty=HTML&h=L&mc=true&=PART&n=pt49.5.391#sp49.5.391.e
All fees and expenses are included in the cost of the course. Students who successfully complete the entire course will receive a class "A" Commercial Driver License (CDL), a certificate of completion, and be qualified to secure an entry-level job as a Commercial Motor Vehicle driver. Amarillo College is not an employment agency, nor do we guarantee the Texas Department of Public Safety will issue a license. Students will have ample training, opportunity and assistance to talk with visiting recruiters, apply for employment, and pass the DPS written and skills tests with an Amarillo College vehicle.
Amarillo College is proud to offer accommodations available for the Deaf.
What are the job duties of truck driver?
- Check Vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned.
- Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources, verifying instructions and routes.
- Maintain logs of working hours or of vehicle service or repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Secure cargo for transport, using ropes, blocks, chain, binders, or covers.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
- Drive trucks with capacities greater than 3 tons, including tractor-trailer combinations, to transport and deliver products, livestock, or other materials.
- Drive trucks to weigh stations before and after loading and along routes to document weights and to comply with state regulations.
- Obtain receipts or signatures for delivered goods and collect payment for services when required.
- Inventory and inspect goods to be moved to determine quantities and conditions.
Keywords: AMARILLO COLLEGE TRUCK DRIVING, Amarillo , Commercial Truck Driving Classes, Professions , Amarillo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!