Company: Cenveo Worldwide Limited
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Cenveo, a world leader in the management and distribution of print and related offerings is seeking a Typesetter position in its Amarillo, TX facility.
The ideal candidate will have a High School diploma or equivalent and thorough knowledge of graphic equipment and processes.
Cenveo offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short & long term disability, 401(k), PTO and Company paid holidays.
Under close supervision, completes tasks related to the preparation of customer material for the print process utilizing a variety of design and layout applications and graphics software. This may include preflight and prepress functions, color correction, typesetting, and preparing or producing printing plates and proofs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
These are functions a qualified incumbent or applicant must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
* *Uses various graphics and proprietary software packages to prepare customer files for printing.
* *Reviews work orders to ensure conformity to written and verbal instructions
* *Coordinates customer supplied art with sales personnel for each order.
* *Communicates order problems with supervisor, customer service representatives and sales staff.
* *Monitors print quality for accuracy in color and placement.
* *Advises customer regarding format and technical issues for best quality printing.
* *Documents order actions and customer contacts clearly and concisely.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Cenveo is an Equal Opportunity Employer
* The minimum education required for this position is a High School Diploma or Equivalent or equivalent work experience. May include specialized classes beyond high school.
* Has proficient understanding of the principles of one or more functions. Typically possesses 1-3 years of relevant work experience.
* Generally performs single function tasks that tend to be of moderate size and scope.
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions. Ability to read, interpret and create simple correspondence and memos. Ability to effectively present information one-on-one and in small group situations
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
* Requires a basic understanding of layout, type, and color.
* Good working knowledge of current graphic arts software such as, Printshop, Macintosh layout and design applications, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Quark Xpress, Page Maker, Freehand, and lndesign.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Environment is typically general office, though the incumbent may spend short periods in the manufacturing environments with exposure including but not limited to dust, dirt, high noise levels and variations in temperature. Occasional exposure to one or more unpleasant or hazardous conditions 6% to 20% of work time.
* Incumbent occasionally required to lift up to 25 lbs.
* Incumbent may occasionally be required to travel.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: Cenveo Worldwide Limited, Amarillo , Typesetter/Graphics Technician, Professions , Amarillo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!