Commercial Truck Driving Classes
Company: AMARILLO COLLEGE TRUCK DRIVING
Posted on: April 19, 2019
Get Your Commercial Driver License!
The Transportation Industry is growing and there is a high demand
for well-trained drivers.
Amarillo College offers a Six-Week course utilizing
state-of-the-art simulator training, classroom instruction, range
and road driving, and practical application of skills used in the
operation of tractor/trailer.
We have upcoming classes at all of our campuses in Amarillo, Dumas
and Hereford Classes:
Amarillo Classes - May 6, July 1, August 26 & October 28
Amarillo Night Classes - May 6 & August 26
Dumas Classes - May 6, July 1, August 26 & October 28
Hereford Classes - May 6, July 1, August 26 & October 28
We offer Forklift Certification classes 6:00-10:00 pm for 3 nights
(12 hours total)
5/14-5/16, 6/11-6/13 & 7/16-7/18, 8/13-8/15 & 9/17-9/19
Prerequisites for classes:
- Student must be 18 years of age at the commencement of the
- Student must have a current Texas Driver License. Prospective
student can check their license eligibility at the following link:
- Student will be required to take a DOT physical and drug screen
on the first day of class. Cost of the physical and drug screen in
included in the cost of the course. The following link explains the
physical qualifications for a Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV)
All fees and expenses are included in the cost of the course.
Students who successfully complete the entire course will receive a
class "A" Commercial Driver License (CDL), a certificate of
completion, and be qualified to secure an entry-level job as a
Commercial Motor Vehicle driver. Amarillo College is not an
employment agency, nor do we guarantee the Texas Department of
Public Safety will issue a license. Students will have ample
training, opportunity and assistance to talk with visiting
recruiters, apply for employment, and pass the DPS written and
skills tests with an Amarillo College vehicle.
Amarillo College is proud to offer accommodations available for the
What are the job duties of truck driver?
- Check Vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency
equipment is in good working order.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following
signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading
equipment are properly positioned.
- Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources,
verifying instructions and routes.
- Maintain logs of working hours or of vehicle service or repair
status, following applicable state and federal
- Secure cargo for transport, using ropes, blocks, chain,
binders, or covers.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or
damage to the vehicles.
- Drive trucks with capacities greater than 3 tons, including
tractor-trailer combinations, to transport and deliver products,
livestock, or other materials.
- Drive trucks to weigh stations before and after loading and
along routes to document weights and to comply with state
- Obtain receipts or signatures for delivered goods and collect
payment for services when required.
- Inventory and inspect goods to be moved to determine quantities
Keywords: AMARILLO COLLEGE TRUCK DRIVING, Amarillo , Commercial Truck Driving Classes, Professions , Amarillo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!