Truck Driving Classes
Company: AMARILLO COLLEGE TRUCK DRIVING
Posted on: July 7, 2019
Get Your Commercial Driver License! The Transportation Industry is
growing and there is a high demand for well-trained drivers.
Amarillo College offers a Six-Week course utilizing
state-of-the-art simulator training, classroom instruction, range
and road driving, and practical application of skills used in the
operation of tractor/trailer. We have upcoming classes at all of
our campuses in Amarillo, Dumas and Hereford Classes:
- Amarillo Classes - July 1, August 26 & October 28
- Amarillo Night Classes - August 26
- Dumas Classes - July 1, August 26 & October 28
- Hereford Classes - July 1, August 26 & October 28 We offer
Forklift Certification classes 6:00-10:00 pm for 3 nights (12 hours
total) 7/16-7/18, 8/13-8/15 & 9/17-9/19 Prerequisites for classes:
- Student must be 18 years of age at the commencement of the
- Student must have a current Texas Driver License. Prospective
student can check their license eligibility
- Student will be required to take a DOT physical and drug screen
on the first day of class. Cost of the physical and drug screen in
included in the cost of the course. All fees and expenses are
included in the cost of the course. Students who successfully
complete the entire course will receive a class "A" Commercial
Driver License (CDL), a certificate of completion, and be qualified
to secure an entry-level job as a Commercial Motor Vehicle driver.
Amarillo College is not an employment agency, nor do we guarantee
the Texas Department of Public Safety will issue a license.
Students will have ample training, opportunity and assistance to
talk with visiting recruiters, apply for employment, and pass the
DPS written and skills tests with an Amarillo College vehicle.
Amarillo College is proud to offer accommodations available for the
Deaf. What are the job duties of truck driver?
- Check Vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency
equipment is in good working order.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following
signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading
equipment are properly positioned.
- Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources,
verifying instructions and routes.
- Maintain logs of working hours or of vehicle service or repair
status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Secure cargo for transport, using ropes, blocks, chain,
binders, or covers.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or
damage to the vehicles.
- Drive trucks with capacities greater than 3 tons, including
tractor-trailer combinations, to transport and deliver products,
livestock, or other materials.
- Drive trucks to weigh stations before and after loading and
along routes to document weights and to comply with state
- Obtain receipts or signatures for delivered goods and collect
payment for services when required.
- Inventory and inspect goods to be moved to determine quantities
Keywords: AMARILLO COLLEGE TRUCK DRIVING, Amarillo , Truck Driving Classes, Professions , Amarillo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!